Petite Evening Dresses
Petite evening dresses are easy to find on the internet if you know where to look. Start looking for petite dresses for evening by clicking on one of the following links, there are also some great tips on what will suit the petite shape below:
When choosing a dress, choose something which has just one colour, and best to choose dark colours, this will give you a streamlined effect.
To elongate your body, choose a dress with a short skirt and make sure you wear a pair of heels as this is the biggest thing you can do to make yourself taller! Keep things simple for the most amazing effect.
- Keep prints in proportion to you figure, no bigger then the palm of your hand, otherwise you will look like a clown.
- Wear 3/4 sleeves, on dresses, shirts and jumpers.
- Avoid too much jewelry, or at least heavy jewellery.
- When layering, wear light weight materials like cotton, linen and especially silks.
- Wear monochromatic colours.
- When wearing separates avoid contrasting colours such as a navy skirt and a white top, go for an all-in-one colour way.
- Keep in mind that the more fitted the look, the more flattering it will be.
Looking for some gorgeous petite evening dresses? Then go to Dorothy Perkins, where you will find a constantly updated website full of pretty evening and day wear.
For cool, up-to-the-minute fashion go to Topshop.com, where you can find great dresses including occasion gowns that you may have seen on many celebrities!
A website dedicated to catering for petite sizes, includes dresses, formal and casual wear. This is suitable for all ages, as long as you are 5' 3" or under.
Clothing news and reviews for small women. Search by zip code for petite clothing stores near you or browse the directory of online petite shops. Petite fashionistas of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your baggy clothes.
To get that superstar hairdo, go to our formal hairstyles page for ideas and tips on how to create the best 'do'.