Dresses for Mother of the Bride
Being the mother of the bride is a special privilege, and one that most mothers hope will come their way one day. And on an occasion as special as your daughter's wedding, you will want to look amazing.
To find a style that you like, read through wedding magazines and browse the internet where there are many different ideas for a mother of the bride wedding dress.
Pick a dress that compliments your figure, and draws attention to the parts of your body that you like. For example, if you have great legs wear a shorter skirt. If you are still unsure after all the searching you have done, or you can't find the kind of dress you want, why not find a local seamstress to create you a beautiful dress or 2-piece for your occasion.
1920's retro inspired black tie weddings are still on trend for 2016. If your son or daughter chooses to incorporate retro elements into there wedding theme, consider a vintage looking handbag, jewelry or wrap into your mother of the bride or groom outfit.
In contrast, some daughters are choosing a more rustic theme or woodland wedding. Here the mother of the bride is choosing a more casual outfit to complement the surroundings.
Tips to help you choose your mother of the bride dress:
- Formal wear sections of most clothing and fashion stores will have something that is highly appropriate.
- Make sure that you start looking for your dress well in advance of the actual wedding, that way you can be sure to look your best.
- For timeless elegance, try an empire waistline dress, and for sheer sophistication, try a jacket and skirt combination
- Make sure to ask your daughter for her advice, as she will probably have some ideas in her mind about what she does or doesn't want you to wear.
- Do not wear white, off-white, ivory, black, red, or other bright colours that will detract attention from the bride. Most mother of the bride dresses are bought in pastel shades including lilac, blue, pink and silver.
- There are some fabrics that will make you look great and elegant, these are crepe, silk, organza and chiffon.
So just click on a link below to start looking for that special mother of the bride dress
Audreys Mother of the Bride
Amazing designer website totally dedicated to making sure you find something that is right for you.
Mother Of The Bride Dresses
Mother of the bride website full of helpful information to help you choose the perfect outfit, as well as finding lots of helpful wedding information and tips on choosing the perfect hat.
The Rose Dress
New designs at wonderful prices, for the woman in you.
Search for the perfect dress by size and colour, loads of styles and designs to choose from.
With such a beautiful Special Occasion section, what more can you want. Many mother of the bride dresses and skirts
that will dazzle the family and friends.