Cocktail Evening Dresses
These cocktail dresses are some of the most versatile dresses you have in your wardrobe, you can wear a cocktail dress to any occasion as long as you accessorise well with it. Think above the knee cocktail dresses when looking for the best time you wear the dress.
- This is the perfect time to wear a Little Black Dress, because it is so versatile and sexy. However if you have freckles, red hair or pale skin, change your Lbd to a little brown dress as this will look much better.
- Some simple solutions are: For winter, pick a black sweater dress and team it with metallic jewellery and footwear with black opaque tights or go for a deep purple knee length dress with a grey shrug and silver jewellery. For summer, team a pastel strappy mini dress with a slinky darker shrug and costume jewellery or go for a silk moss green knee length dress with a long beaded necklace and brown wedges.
underwear that will give great support.
- If the party is on the weekend, then choose dressier fabrics like silk or satin and add a little bit more sparkle. The same goes for an evening outing to a club, hotel or hall.
- Think about what kind of occasion it is, and ask other people what they will be wearing, in order to make sure that you buy the right kind of gown. If for example you are going to a do in your local hotel it will be entirely different from that of a party in a neighbours house.
- Choose fabric according to season: heavy fabrics for winter (things like wool, denim and tweed), light fabrics for summer (for example cotton, silk and linen).
To start looking for a great gown click on one of the links below.
For more great cocktail dresses, have a look at net-a-porter.com. They stock the latest designer ranges, and have great end-of-season sales where you can grab some great bargains. Check out cocktail gowns from Oscar De La Renta, Herve Leger, Marchesa and Lela Rose.
Cocktail Drink Recipes
Here are a few cocktail drinks, you can find more recipes on the other pages and by clicking